I bid you a Happy St. Patrick’s Day indeed! There was a time when this post just wouldn’t have been written until later in the week because I was out at a bar celebrating a ‘drinking holiday’. Tonight, my son was not feeling well, and my wife was playing volleyball, so I am here cleaning up various pukey items, and waiting for the moment when I could finally pour myself a tall can of Guinness (didn’t even plan that, just happened to be in the fridge), and write my 100th post for Thoughts and Rants in Jogging Pants.
I believe in stopping to smell the flowers! There had to be a celebration of either 2 years a blogger, or 100 posts. This one came first, so we’ll go with it. Not to be weird or self-indulgent, but I’m actually pretty proud of this achievement. Since I started this blog, I’ve done a post every week with the exception of one. Regular readers know this, but my father passed away, and my son was born in the same week, so….. I had some stuff going on. Every other week, I’ve managed to contribute to this blog. I’ve never copped out at less than 500 words either. For a guy that’s never had a reputation for following through on stuff, this could represent a big change for me. Bigger and better things still to come I hope.
Speaking of copping out, I decided that particularly for the benefit of my newer readers, (but also for my own benefit, so I don’t have to burn a good topic this week) I’m going to list of some interesting stats about Thoughts and Rants in Jogging Pants.
– Being Canadian, I’m not surprised that the majority of my readers are also from Canada. Also not surprised that Americans came in second. England being third and Australia in fourth?? Yeah, they speak English, so it makes sense. India comes in at #5. That is awesome!!! I don’t know anyone in India, but someone over there is enjoying my blog, and I don’t know why it surprises me, but it does, pleasantly! Awesome!
– There is a way on WordPress.com here that I can see what people typed into their respective search engines to find me. Even though I paid extra to have the website thoughtsandrantsinjoggingpants.com, some people just type those words into Google or whatever, and that’s cool. Some of the ones lower down on the list are pretty interesting though. I’m not suggesting people were trying to find my blog with this combination of words per se, but they did put those combination of words into a search engine, and proceeded to click on my site afterwards. My favourite being “Pissing In Jogging Pants While Sleeping”.
– I just wanted to send a shout out to my #1 commenter. This of course does not count Facebook comments, but actual WordPress comments. Tom Nardone is the guy who comments on my blogs most, and he is quite a talented blogger himself. You can find him at tomnardone.net. You may not agree with anything he says, but you will laugh, and you might concede a few points along the way. Tom, I know you’ll read this….. I DON’T DO THIS FOR ANYONE!! So, feel special 😉
TOP 5 MOST VIEWED POSTS
1. My Father’s Eulogy (I’m glad this was #1)
2. The Night My Father Died (curious that I’ve written 2 posts about him, and they’re my top 2)
3. Mommy Porn (This was based on the ’50 shades of Grey’ craze)
4. The Popcorn Kernal Stuck In Your Teeth (I couldn’t even remember this…pretty good random bits)
5. Who’s That On Your Profile Pic? (Ranting against parents losing their identity)
I don’t know if those were the best ones, but I often am surprised by which posts get the most traction. Usually when I think something is totally amazing I hear crickets and see tumble weed. Then when I think something is mediocre, I’ll get lots of great feedback.
Finally, I’ll leave you with 5 of my personal favourites, but before I do…… I really just want to thank anybody and everybody that takes the time to read this blog, whether it’s every week, or just when the topic seems interesting. Without some of the feedback I’ve received, I probably wouldn’t have the energy or motivation to continue every week. Even though writing can be annoying, and make me feel like I’d rather stab my eyeballs out, I also really do love having this creative outlet available. It’s always more fun when you know people get to see it. So thanks again, and without further ado….
Five Fun Blogs That I was Going To Say Were My FAVE’s, But Then Couldn’t Commit, Because All Of These Entries Are My Babies, And You Can’t Play Favourites With Your Own Babies, Can You??????
1. No please, really…. inconvenience me!!! Life Is really all about you, I swear!
2. B.A.N. Boycott Acronyms Now
3. Dogs Don’t Like You
4. Robots Taking Over the World With Your Help
5. Adventures In Loose Leaf Tea
March 18th, 2014 at 4:42 am
Congratulations on 100 posts! It is a nice achievement. I am a new reader of your blog, but look forward to delving into everything you have here. I found you, by the way, through Tom Nardone!
March 19th, 2014 at 1:23 am
Yah, well I am glad you found this site and T&R is awesome but Tom Nardone is an Asshole!
March 19th, 2014 at 2:02 am
Naaah, not really. But I won’t tell anyone. You can continue the charade for now.
March 19th, 2014 at 2:05 am
March 19th, 2014 at 5:04 am
Thanks Karen 🙂 Thanks Tom for the referral!
March 18th, 2014 at 1:34 pm
Congrats on 100, Ryan! Keep it going!
March 19th, 2014 at 5:04 am
Thanks Lisa 🙂
March 19th, 2014 at 1:21 am
Hey T&R Congrats on your number 100. Also very big of you to avoid hanging out with the guys cruising, boozing raping, and pillaging around town. HAHA stay cool brother.
March 19th, 2014 at 5:05 am
Yeah, I guess I have to leave that to the younger folks. Thanks man!
March 28th, 2014 at 6:31 pm
Well done Ryan, looking forward to 100 more……
March 29th, 2014 at 2:34 am
Thank you 🙂