I stopped taking the train. So many of my blog topics resulted from craziness I would witness on public transit. I’m out of ideas man…. fresh out! So I decided to cheat a bit this week. You know those annoying surveys that people fill out on Facebook, and then try to get you to fill out?? I decided to fill one of those out and post here for my faithful readers who wanted to get to know me a bit better (as I’m sure it’s totally keeping you up at night that you don’t know me well enough….. or not so much). Some of these surveys were designed for teenagers. They were basic as shit. I had to root through a few lists before I found one that I didn’t hate as much. Questions 2 and 3 grabbed my attention. Right to the point. As I’m writing this, I haven’t even read the rest of the questions, but I promise I will answer them relatively honestly 🙂
1) Favorite object in your room?
My bed…. this is way too easy.
2) Have you ever smoked heroin
No. I haven’t injected it into my veins either.
3) Do you own guns?
No. I’m Canadian.
4) What flavor do you add to your drink at sonic?
What’s Sonic? I’m Canadian.
5) Do you get nervous before doctor appointments?
Yes. Like a cat in a room full of rocking chairs.
6) What do you think of hot dogs?
I think it’s the best meal you can get for $3.
7) Favorite song?
Electric Relaxation – A Tribe Called Quest
8) What do you prefer to drink in the morning?
9) Can you do push ups?
I think so, but I wouldn’t know.
10) Can you do a chin up?
As long as we’re just talking about one, then yes.
11) What’s your favorite piece of jewelry?
My wedding ring. I don’t wear any other jewelry.
12) do you like blue cheese?
Yes. Love it!
13) Ever been in a car wreck?
Yup. ‘wreck’ seems like it would mean a major collision. Only one of those, but I’ve definitely hit stuff with my car on other occasions. In fact, my car is at the body shop as we speak.
14) What’s one trait that you hate about yourself?
I’m a procrastinator. I’m way more effective when I just do stuff.
15) Middle name?
Sorry, I know I said I’d answer everything, but paranoid about identity theft etc.
16) Name 3 thoughts going through your head at this moment?
Man, I hope this blog doesn’t suck. These questions better get better or this blog is gonna suck. These answers better get better or this blog is gonna suck.
17) Name 3 things you bought yesterday?
I was not at a store yesterday, but to make this answer more interesting, if money were no object and I could go back in time, I would have bought a car, a house, and an entertainment system.
18) Name 3 drinks you drink regularly?
Water, coffee, beer.
19) Name 3 foods you eat regularly?
Chicken Wings, Salmon, Steak.
20) Current worry?
That I’ll hate my next job.
21) Current hate right now?
I hate how summer is zipping by at light speed. Summers used to last forever. Every day seems like 5 minutes to me.
22) Do you spend Christmas with extended family?
Yes on my wife’s side. My family is super small, and our extended family is out-of-town.
23) How did you bring in the New Year?
I don’t even remember. I’m pretty sure we were in bed, and I’m not even sure if we were awake. In my defence, I spent many years partying with the best of them, and New Year’s eve was my favourite night of the year to go out, but we just had our son in mid-October, and were sleep deprived, so…… I’m not as lame as I sound.
24) Where would you like to be right now?
25) Name three people who will complete this?
Hopefully nobody. This aint no Facebook thing.
26) Do you own slippers?
27) What shirt are you wearing?
A blue and green golf shirt.
28) Do you like sleeping on satin sheets?
What am I? A pimp?
29) Can you whistle?
30) Which hand do you use to write?
31) Would you be a pirate?
I’ve been a pirate. On Halloween. I was a pretty kick-ass pirate too, as I recall.
32) What songs do you sing in the shower?
I don’t sing in the shower, but ‘With or Without You’ by U2 is my song when in the car by myself.
33) Favorite girl’s name?
I don’t have one. Lucky I didn’t have a girl.
34) Favorite boy’s name?
35) What’s in your pocket?
36) Last person that made you laugh?
My wife. When we watch baseball together, and the pitching coach comes to the mound to talk to the pitcher, she re-enacts what she thinks they are saying to each other. “Throw strikes!!” “I’ve been trying to throw strikes…. they just haven’t been strikes” “OK, but you need to throw strikes…. so I’m gonna go sit down on the bench, and you start throwing strikes OK?” “Ok, I’ll start throwing strikes”………it goes on and on, but she does a funny voice, and you really have to be there, but trust me, it’s hilarious.
37) Best bed sheets as a child?
I had a Sesame Street pillow which had that front stoop on it. This is pre-Elmo days, but I’m pretty sure Big Bird, Oscar, Grover, Bert & Ernie were there. I would assume I had matching sheets, but I don’t remember the sheets that well.
38) Worst injury you’ve ever had?
I broke my elbow playing basketball. I was driving to the basket, and as I jumped, some short guy under-cut me, and I started to go down head first. Instead of bracing myself right away, I tried to put a little extra English on the lay-up. I ended up cracking my elbow. I did score the basket though. It was spectacular….. but I was in a cast for 6 weeks.
39) Do you love where you live?
Yes. Toronto is one of the greatest cities in the world, and Canada is one of the greatest countries to live in the world. I couldn’t be happier.
40) How many TVs do you have in your house?
41) Who is your loudest friend?
Hard to say. You know what they say if you can’t figure out who the loudest friend is?? It’s you!
42) How many dogs do you have?
Zero. How assumptive was that?
43) Does someone have a crush on you?
Of course. In my mind, dozens of women have crushes on me. It may not be true.
45) Did you notice that there is no number 44?
Yeah. When I copied and pasted the questionnaire, I noticed this question, but I probably would not have noticed otherwise.
46) What is your favorite candy?
I don’t know. Werther’s Originals?? The ones with chocolate on the inside.
47) Favorite Sports Team?Â
Toronto Blue Jays
48) Where is the next place you want to travel to?
That I haven’t been to? I was hoping for Switzerland. Although I do have this nasty little Vegas habit, and that is probably where I’ll end up.
49) What were you doing 12 AM last night?
Washing the dishes. FML
50) What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up?
I remembered that my son crawled for the first time last night, and I wondered if he was excited about today.