This is the Wednesdayist Monday blog you’ll ever read from me! That’s if I get it in in the next 26 minutes, for then my friends, it will be Thursday. I was struggling to think about what to write, and then the ideas I had seemed vaguely familiar. Like ‘I already wrote that blog’ kind of familiar. So I will bring my self down to the lowest common denominator of randomness which I like to call ‘Bullet Points’.
– When looking through previous blogs, it disturbs me that the Rob Ford thing has been going on this long. Everybody within 50 miles of that sucks! They’ve now stripped him of most of his powers, and he’s now mayor in name only, as well as going out into the world and doing some ‘mayor’ appearances. WAIT A MINUTE…….. Isn’t that the part of the job that he sucks at? The part of being mayor and going out in public? If anything, they should have stripped him of his ability to be mayor and go to these events!! He can embarrass the city just as easily with these limited powers. He still has the power to leave a shit smear across Toronto, and there isn’t money in the new budget to buy enough toilet paper to clean that up!
– Somebody showed me an app today. Just to be clear, I don’t have apps. I don’t know why. I just don’t feel like getting them. I’m sure they’re free and easy. I’m free and easy most of the time, but I’m just not interested. The app that a co-worker was showing me today told you exactly what time a bus was going to arrive. Not by it’s scheduled time, but by the GPS it has installed. So fucking exact!! Then she had an app that would call a cab for you. These things are handy! It provided a moment for me where I thought ‘man…. humans are so close to being redundant, it’s not even funny… and we’ll be the last to know’. Which led me to almost write a blog about robots taking over the world. Then I realized that I already wrote that blog a few months ago. I should take the opportunity to post a link to it here. I don’t know how. I’m sure it’s free and easy.
– I’m gonna make pulled pork tomorrow while I stay home with my 1 year old son who’s sick for the 3rd out of the last 4 Thursdays. He always knows when I have a day off, and he gets sick every time. I’m kind of flattered to be honest. The vomitting, the fevers, the sniffles, the over all sickness….. all of that so he can stay home and chill with his old man on a Thursday. He must know that tomorrow is American Thanksgiving which is cool for Americans because they get the weekend off, but cool for me because I can watch football all day tomorrow instead of whatever nonsense daytime TV programming has to offer. I hope he feels better. He’s too cute to suffer. Can babies eat pulled pork?? How do you make pulled pork? Never mind, I’ll probably just make spaghetti
– I’m eating fish oil pills these days. I don’t know if it’s helping, but it is providing me with and opportunity to almost choke to death at least once a day. After I fight those babies down, I get a feeling of achievement that I can only imagine is like trying to swim across a lake. When you get to the other side, a lot of water has probably gone down the wrong way, and you probably feel a bit like crying, but YOU DID IT!
November 28th, 2013 at 5:28 am
Ok, Here is a thought. You don’t like apps? Here is an idea for a blog post. You can once a month download a free app and write about the ways it does or does not help you in your life.
Apps are cool. Seriously, what the hell do you do while you are in the bathroom stall between movements. You need apps for that TRJP. APPS man APPS.
November 28th, 2013 at 5:14 pm
I know I know….. They always seem really cool when people show them to me, but there’s a disconnect between that and me wanting to actually have them on my own phone. Can’t tell you why.
November 28th, 2013 at 5:18 pm
Ok have it your way, and sincerely way to stay strong. I expected nothing less.
November 28th, 2013 at 6:34 pm
1. Rob Ford is such an idiot, he should be an American politician, or a news anchor on Fox News. I have much higher standards for Canadians.
2. Did you know that in Taipei at the major bus stops there is a panel monitoring how long it will take for X bus to get to your stop? Each bus is fitted with a GPS that hooks up to the bus stop. As a result, I think some bus stops have WIFI for waiting passengers.
3. Are you now going to take AWW pictures of your self and the baby asleep on the sofa like some people do, while there’s a dog sleeping at your feet?
4. You just reminded me to take my vitamins.
November 29th, 2013 at 1:40 am
Yeah, Rob would fit in better elsewhere perhaps….. I feel like Toronto would have been the LAST place where this could have happened. The universe continues to surprise……… I did not know that about Taipei, but Asians do love their technology, so I would expect nothing less ;)…….I’ve had the camera set up pointing directly at my couch for months in an attempt to capture such a moment, but we have my son ‘sleep-trained’, so the minute his eye lids look heavy, I dump him in the crib. No casual sleeping on daddy’s chest for him! Also, no dog…….. YOU just reminded ME to take MY vitamins!!!!