Oooops…… I forgot to blog yesterday. I mean, I didn’t totally forget. I put it off until later in the day, and then when later in the day rolled around, I forgot. I was totally focused on not forgetting earlier in the day when the opportunity to do it wasn’t there. Therefore, it’s not really forgetting. Nevertheless, there is no Monday blog. Instead there’s a Tuesday blog, but I actually have less time to do it today than I did yesterday, so it will be everything that I can type in the span of 15 minutes, or whenever the “Let’s Go” text message arrives.
I’m gonna have to go point form, or this will never get done!
– On the subway the other night I saw 3 people with 2 bikes. It wasn’t busy because it was later in the evening. I remember them talking among themselves, and it was…………………………..
SHIT…. the “Let’s Go” Text arrived early. Gotta stop.
OK I’m back. This is now officially a Wednesday blog. Here are some random thoughts to fulfill my blogligation (get it????? blog & obligation???? Am I over-explaining again????)
– I’ve grown SOOOOOOOOOOO tired of people using “Wait for it” to set up their punchlines. Can we stop doing that now please? It’s gone on way too long. It’s just silly now.
– I was in a store today and some lady was there cashing out a purchase with her daughter, who was probably 10. The daughter complained that she was tired, and the mom said this…… “Oh I know honey….you’re not feeling well, and couldn’t go to school….. so I take you shopping….. I’m such a bad mother!” It was kind of funny, but I did actually agree with her. If your kid can’t go to school because she’s sick, then why are you making her walk around with you all day? She might as well be at school then.
– I live in Toronto. If you are reading this later on, just know that right now our mayor Rob Ford is suspected of smoking crack on camera (among other stuff…. he’s just a train wreck). Later, I’m certain he’ll be in jail for god knows what. I’m sort of proud to say I didn’t vote for him, but to be perfectly honest, it was a weak crop of candidates. What I’m not proud of is that this has become international news, and Torontonians are super embarrassed (as they should be… I mean, we voted him into office). When I see Jimmy Kimmel has a Rob Ford skit on his show, and Jon Stewart has a Rob Ford rant on the same night, it’s probably not the kind of notoriety we’re looking for. Don’t think I didn’t notice Jay Leno make reference to it and say “There’s nothing to do in Toronto anyways”…. to which I reply ‘How would you know, you goofy fuck!! You haven’t been funny since the 80s! Eat shit and die!” (Maybe I’m a bit sensitive). To be perfectly honest, I don’t know how Americans can even laugh at this when George W served 2 terms as their president, and that guy can barely spell his fucking name…… eghhhh, I’m going to get off this topic…. I don’t like what it’s turning me into. I feel so aggressive. Needless to say, I hope the Rob Ford era ends shortly. I love Toronto, and I can’t help but find this humiliating. I’ve lost my sense of humor regarding this matter. Fuckin Jay Leno!!!
– I can’t follow that with anything. This wasn’t 15 minutes. It took forever. I hate politics, and late night TV. I hope the Miami Heat lose, because I hate them too. 😦 So much hate…. I gotta stop or else I won’t be able to sleep.
On a lighter note…… http://www.paymevegas.com coming soon!!! Haha… You thought I was bluffing??
May 29th, 2013 at 5:32 am
No, I didn’t think yr lying about the Vegas site. I. Really. Didn’t.
May 29th, 2013 at 2:04 pm
Good! Because let me re-iterate……. This is happening!!!!! I will convert you!
May 29th, 2013 at 2:38 pm
It seems that ol’ Rob has stepped into a few ‘situations’ since he became Mayor…they’re all assess…Toronto will rise like a phoenix once again…it always does. Those late night guys have little fodder to go on, so they pick on the one Canadian city that has a lot going for it, except Robby. Pay no heed….
May 29th, 2013 at 2:45 pm
Thanks 🙂 I’m usually not so sensitive…. and I do realize the Rob Ford thing is HILARIOUS if you don’t live here. I just thought Leno’s remark was dismissive. Particularly because he probably hasn’t been here, and everyone in the audience that laughed probably hasn’t been here. That being said, Ford is giving them lots of material, and if I was in late night TV, I would find it hard to resist as well. I guess my thing is – Say what you want about Rob Ford (he made his bed, he can sleep in it), but leave Toronto (and Canada for that matter) out of it.
May 29th, 2013 at 5:15 pm
Unfortunately, he represents Toronto and therefore, a part of Canada. As a political figure and now a more recognizable one, he is THE GUY representing Toronto. Crappy as that is…he’s it…and then there’s Kathleen…
May 29th, 2013 at 3:42 pm
As an American, let me say I love Toronto. And, don’t worry–we can’t say anything abut your mayor…after all…I have two words for you: Marion Barry.
June 1st, 2013 at 3:39 am
If you read Marion Barry’s wikipedia page, there’s a comment about similarities between him and Rob Ford near the bottom.
May 29th, 2013 at 6:50 pm
Don’t worry, Jay Leno really gets under my skin, too. He’s an ass.
May 30th, 2013 at 3:21 am
Yeah…. take away his antique cars and motorcycles, and there isn’t much there.